L’Academy offers a concept of “pedagogic farm” with a well-designed educational program that brings every day to children rich and varied experiences that immerse them into nature. L’Academy welcomes during the summer holiday children of families from overseas as well as children from the Annecy region. Families from overseas can find accommodation nearby and drop off their children every day at L’Academy. They can enjoy the vast opportunities provided by Annecy and the region, cultural visits and sports while their children enjoy the summer program and make new friends!
An important asset of the camps is the mix of children from different origin and language, mostly French and English as this supports our vision: enjoy the nature, learn, create, develop one’s character in a bilingual environment open to the world.
Two to three weeks of camps will be offered and the dates will be confirmed in the Spring 2019.
- Week of July 8 to 12
- Week of August 26 to 30
- Group of 8 children – Age 6-9
- Hours: 9 :30 am – 5 pm (possibilities of extended care upon request for working parents)
- Each week is from Monday to Friday
For more information on the program, please contact Sylvie Jarlov using this link.
More on the summer camps :
To offer bilingual camps with a focus on French or English depending on the needs of children. During a camp, they will benefit from a large variety of activities around a theme, at the pedagogic farm of L’Academy and during field trips in the region.
We believe that during the summer break, children need activities that open new perspectives and make them discover new passions, while making new friends. They feel regenerated emotionally and intellectually, they find a balance, gain self-confidence as they benefit from a varied, engaging and well-paced program.
Example of content for a week-long camp: (Possibility to register for more than a week as each week has a different program)
- Awaken one’s body and feel connected to nature: relaxation and mindfulness sessions, yoga for children.
- Team building, outdoor games.
- Theater, role play to develop communication skills in English and/or French.
- Art and Nature: observe nature and create with varied medium and support.
- Based on the theme of the week, reading stories, debating, hands-on activities in science, history or geography. Inquiry based and hands-on activities.
- Gardening and cooking.
Explore and discover: field trips in the region, forest, farm, cattle raising… each week one or two trips depending on the weather and local opportunities.